Friday, January 6, 2012

Roasted Veggie Panzanella

It was a brief but lovely last minute dinner with Eleanor and Kelsey before heading to Dance Oly Dance to get our live local public access groove on. It was really almost like bandstand tonight as Eleanor wore her new old holiday gift from me, a December 31st find at the Free Store at the Co-op that came with the instructions to have a fabulous New Years Eve. A beautiful vintage late 60s, early 70s soft yellow empire-waisted lacy frock with an iridescent light green layer beneath and a miniature bowed vest to the bust (buttoned in the back)!

We altered Karlee's Dog Food You Can Eat white board illustration to be an advertisement on Dance Oly Dance and the board received quite a bit of air time, actually. Many people held it and of course I awkwardly danced with it as much as possible. I love cross-promotional schemes. How so very Martha of me!

Anyhow, tonight's recipe Roasted-Vegetable Panzanella , is so easy you don't even need a recipe! This is one of my go-tos when I need something easy, fast, veggietastic and delicious. Mozzarella, basil, tomato, green beans, chickpeas, olive oil, salt and pepper is all.  I found it (June 2006 issue) a couple years ago in a stack of my mom's old Gourmet issues. While I admit the mis-matching seasonality of the dish (2 of my 3 veggies came from Mexico and the third from a Washington greenhouse), being in-season all the time is a concern of mine but not my sole concern. Tonight the priority was lack of dishes and time. Note how all ingredients were roasted on the same rimmed baking sheet.
Next time... how to pack a freezer with 60 lbs of meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment